• We fully abide by the Fair Information Practices (US) and the Data Protection Act (UK).
• We will only ask for your information when it’s necessary for you to use our website.
• We will never disclose your information to others without your express consent.
• You can opt out of promotional emails at any time.
• You can edit your information and/or delete your account at any time.
• Credit card payments on our website are handled by Braintree Payment Solutions, and Seven Stories Press only stores enough information to refer to the card being used.
• If you have any questions, please just send us an email.
Seven Stories Press is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Seven Stories Press may change this policy from time to time by updating this page (you can check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes).
We may collect the following information
• Name and contact information including your email address.
• Your country, state, postal code, preferences and areas of interest.
• Information about your purchases or downloads.
• Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Seven Stories Press collects the details provided by you on registration, together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake with us (but we don’t process, handle or retain any card details). We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us, and information you provide when giving us feedback. We also monitor traffic patterns and site use in order to try and improve our website.
What we do with the information we gather
• We will use your contact details to contact you about new books, authors, events and other developments (unless you opt out of promotional emails).
• We will keep records of your transactions in case of any questions, replacements or refunds.
• We may use it to customize the website to highlight books, authors or events we think you might be interested in.
• We may store your billing and shipping addresses so that you can reuse them.
To change your contact details or preferences please log in, click "My Account" and make changes. If you do not want to receive promotional emails from us, please uncheck the relevant boxes (please note that you will still receive emails from us to confirm any purchases). Please note that there may be instances where it is necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
Non-disclosure to third parties
Unless we have your express consent, we will only disclose your personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. Your card details will be securely collected and processed by our payment provider. In the case of buying print books from us, Seven Stories will securely pass on your name, shipping address and order to our distributor for fulfillment. If any other personally identifying data about you may be shared with a partner company, we will tell you before we collect or transfer the data so that you may opt out if you wish.
We use your information only as set out in this Policy and will not sell, rent or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your express consent. We may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors and relevant affiliate partners, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
If you decide to delete your account then all of your personal account details will be deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and workplace procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do not collect or store any card details from your purchases—these are collected and processed by Braintree Payment Solutions.
Credit card information
We only store minimal card details on the Seven Stories Books website (the card type and the last four digits, which isn’t enough to run a payment). All payments are handled securely by Braintree Payment Solutions, a validated Level 1 PCI DSS Compliant Service Provider. Braintree is on Visa's Global Compliant Provider List and MasterCard's SDP List, and their security policy is described here.
While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site, you will need to have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.